Wednesday 3 September 2008

Life as I see it and as it sees me…


The permanent temptation in life is to confuse dreams with reality; the permanent defeat in life comes when dreams are surrendered to reality…


What defines a human, the person he or she is? Is it their past, is it their work, their family, their relationships, their present or their future? Maybe it is an encapsulation of it all. But I am defined by my dreams, more than anything else. I believe that I live in a utopian world that is peerless and pure… So what if that is the biggest lie I live in? It gives me the strength to live and I guess bottom-line that is what you need in this world… Strength and Courage…

This for not being yourself but for being fake and changing avatars every day with everyone, because the real world does not really appreciate simple, straightforward, sincere - honesty of speech, thought and action. This is a lesson I have learnt and multiple times at that, so here is when my alternate reality comes into the picture, the world of the mind, body and soul, all in conjunction, building together multiple worlds of reality so pure, it can only exist out of bounds of everything else and everyone else.

If sorrow is something you have to deal with, or if it is a mental agony, switch off from the unreality of the real world and bind yourself to the reality of the worlds that you have created.

Philosophy apart and the Freudian theories of Eid, Ego and Super ego apart, although I do think at this phase of life that I lead I am more of the Eid and the child than anything else… I am a human, a part of this world of its good and it’s bad… Like black on one hand and white in the other but grey otherwise… The blend of darkness and light of blackness and white.

5 minutes, is what I get to recount a lifetime of me… And I know I won’t even be done with five seconds of it here, but all I can promise is an insight into the mind of a fellow human being, however weird.

The naughty mischievous quicksilver that I was, floating away from one thing to another, from one world to another, a zillion hobbies and interests everything that has captured my fleeting attention has gotten a fair amount of my time and energies vested in it. Falling in love with a new interest every week, from jigsaws to clay modeling to singing, tried it all. The only ones that have remained endearing and faithful and have grown as my strengths are my writing, yoga and dancing. All else has taken a backseat, but nothing is permanent but for change so I guess a second revisit to all my lost loves will happen cyclically, as to my fancy.

Education was something I took to very earnestly and easily like everything else and I am surprised it kept my attention for all of the 22 years I went through it. Surprisingly enough boredom did not set in as easily and I actually managed to be the geeky fairly well performing student in spite of the various trials and tribulations I put my mother through. Even to this day I am told I managed to do well because I picked out the ones I was good at and left the others for the rest. According to me that was the smartest move I ever made.

Three degrees and a hosh posh of all small courses and other classes, mirroring my confusion and the desire to try everything I had an interest for… Work wise again, the desire for multitudes persevered and so I have to work even now on my voice over’s, my anchoring, my writing, my dance, my theater and my events and of course my communication. The deal is, if you are good at something why not work on it? I will not talk about future dreams and hopes because that will be putting a boundary to life and what it shapes up to be, but I will say watch out for a voice that speaks to you from far away in the future, that might faintly resemble mine and recapture moments spent and memories cherished of a life that was shared even but if briefly.

I live in a world of mixed colours and emotions and I love every second of it, the good or the bad, is enriching and ethereal, like Gaea the soul of the earth multiple worlds packaged into just one small package – Me. I have so much more to say as usual, and I know I am the most vocal of them all and this is not by far the last you will hear from me, but it was a fair chance to be able to share snippets of a life beyond the walls of life and existence.

If you ever see a book by Shreya Krishnan on the stands, pick it up and read it, coz one thing it will be is a mixed bag of everything just like the person that wrote it


1 comment:

Tapan said...

Well said Shreya. I like the way you portray your life, the real world and your dreams. This blog is for everyone who believes in their dreams.