Friday 5 September 2008

My PVR Jinx

The need or desperation to write is such that i have to sit at a go and pour my heart out. Even if it means that it is at midnight and sitting in a room that seems to be infested with red ants that crawl from outside the balcony, through the gap under my door, slowly the line building and climbing up my computer table and then the wall and finally the window that i sleep next to, creeping behind the curtains. But i have to write even if it means from a table with ants crawling around the keyboard and on it and with no idea where i will sleep because this room is now scary to even rest in. A pain gnaws into me and that is probably whats egging me to write.

Oh i also saw The dark night twice a couple of weeks ago at PVR. I was comfortably late so i managed to miss ten minutes of the movie. Hence as i had to atone for this incongruous sin I had to go back and watch it the next day. Then began the beginning of this crazy mad myre...

When this week started, i thought it will be my normal not so eventful week, just the monotonous, mechanized office, yoga, work or the office, tuition and work. It was far from that.

I strayed away completely from what i was planning to talk about, yes my PVR jinx. On Tuesday, the boys called me out for lunch to forum. By boys i mean Prashanth and Abu. They asked me to meet them at 11 but i landed there at 12 30 and they had to go watch a movie at 12 45 so they were slightly cheesed off coz i had stuck to my standard turning up late thanks to the work that keeps me on my toes constantly. So i end up there and they drag me into a movie. I am carrying my bag and in it lies my camera and in the case lie batteries. This movie thing happened very unexpectedly. I got an exchange of the two tickets these goons had bought with three and i stepped in. Then the whole being frisked business happened and i had to give in my batteries to the girl there. I went in and watched mumbai meri jaan and came out feeling really good coz it was a very well made film. I stepped out smartly and rushed back to work just being slightly strayed by my wandering brother's appearance at Forum. Then we managed to get out of there and i managed to get back to work. I reached office and realised that i had left the batteries at the theater and i had way too much to be done to get back the same day. So, on Thursday i set out again to get the batteries. I spent a good hour waiting and checking as they traced it for me. Abu was my constant source of support through the ordeal and my tolerance levels were maintained thanks to him. From there i got back fortunately a little less careless hopefully.
And i thought i was done with the madness of roaming the PVR cinemas. No not happening! It was destined that i end up again at PVR on Friday to buy tickets for Rock on, after the whole darn process of finding parking and all that stuff, i went to the freakin PVR Cinemas again and did not get tickets for the ten o clock show as it was sold out! Thankfully the PVR jinx was broken. i didn't have to come back for the movie at ten.
But it didn't end there with the jinx, i went to i-nox for the tickets and there was only the 7 o clock show so i guessed all these seven and half Saturn things are just bull oz once you are jinxed you are jinxed in more ways than one.

1 comment:

Lee said...

oh that was hilarious....that place is jinxed actually...never get to watch movies there in peace...