Wednesday 13 May 2009

Stuck!

Thoughts wander to yesterdays and tomorrows and they linger on moments that light up like a flame from the past. Things, sounds, sights, feelings… Memories. Carved into niches of time. Distilled and double distilled and coloured by the mind and perception.

What happened to me will never be yours or anyone else’s; it is as unique to me as I am to the world. I feel and behave and think and remember only like I do. When the mind wanders, it plays games of hide and seek, light and darkness.

A simple rickshaw ride can bring a volley of moments and memories rushing into the mind. Every second we live we associate to the past and to the external present. The beauty of thoughts is that they blend and flow and melt. Into tiny crevices of your mind and the mind sees it all in parallel processes and universes.

I have lived every moment over several times. The moment is still and static. We change and move and alter. All there is is the one moment stuck in time and we live one moment in life over and over again, till the last breath. One single moment. Nothing before nothing beyond.

1 comment:

Envie said...

...although when you write and when I read what you write, I am living your moment through your words. Unique, but shared. How now :)

Brilliant writing Shre!