Thursday 2 July 2009

Fate's Cackling Laugh!

Fate plays a cruel game I said,
No I don’t she retorted,
We argued and tussled,
Crazed and angry we fought,
Macbeth’s witches seemed lovely,
Compared to our evil laughs…

The tempest was at hand,
I had to get onto the Grand,
And fly far away to another land,
She followed suit to tell me,
I should get the darned boot,
From life and death and life’s soot.

Kill me, I urged her on,
She cackled and laughed again,
And I grimacing looked on…
Fate I thought was beautiful,
This monster looked so awful.
In her will to win a nonexistent fight…

I laughed aloud in telling her so,
The fight was on but not quite like,
The way she thought would be right,
I fight you off or at least I try,
So I can be my own puppeteer,
Fate, you can go find someone else…

I live by my own rules and decrees,
Make my choices, the wrong ones too,
You dare not pick on me afresh,
Or I will pass by unawares,
Ignoring and sliding past afar,
Away from your dance of destiny…

No comments: