Tuesday 30 June 2009

Wistful Longing...

I lie here wrapped in a sheet,
By the window as the rain descends,
In clamoring torrents beating down,
Wondering why a darkening gloom,
Envelopes my soul and the room,
I think of times when the rain beckoned,
And I ran into her sinewy arms,
Jumping and dancing to the rhythm,
Of the loud pattering raindrops,
The breeze blends into one with the soul,
Awakening desires from another world,
Times when laughter mingled with thunder,
And the body was kissed by the gushing water,
The earth all wet, fragrant and green,
The sky all angry and grey with longing,
In love forever but never together,
They sway to the tunes of a love so intense,
I drift into reveries of them as I watch the rain,
She dances in answer to my cries,
I think of yesterdays and better tomorrows,
But now all I do is lie in wait,
For that fateful day to come and call,
When my soul can blend in again with the rain,
Easing off me this unending pain…

No comments: