Tuesday 30 June 2009

Dark Mists

What is sorrow? What is pain?
When you are left all alone,
To feel all this in vain,
The anger you divulge into,
Only stirs storms of disdain…

In the still calmness of tonight,
I wonder how and I wonder why,
I am left so lonely and wistful,
Why I think of days gone by,
With the little hint of a sad sigh…

I know now why I am so alone,
Because of a certain knowledge known,
Of conversations stuck in space,
Of a timelessness only love creates,
Now I see the reason why…

Colours fade and fireflies die,
Beginnings end and ends begin,
Before you can even say goodbye,
A dark mist hangs hovering by,
Marring images from the eye…

What was then now is not,
What you want is not what you got,
But maybe it is well deserved, this pain,
Of not knowing how to feign,
Happiness when sad..

Smiles through unshed tears,
Of so many days gone by in fear,
So I droop and wilt,
Knowing I will never be,
The laughing, mad, little old me…

No comments: