Monday 15 June 2009

The Rain and Our Teardrops

Teardrops prick the eyes,
Refusing to break away,
From the walls binding them,
Holding them in softly,
Disappearing into a sea,
Swallowed by pride…

The anger and pain,
Subside in swells, ebbing,
A blend of the sorrow surfaces,
Eats into the soul, gnawing,
At wounds that sting on touch,
Yet the tears fight the battle…

They stop at the corners,
Not trickling down for want,
Of tears that roll down cheeks,
They mock at the pain,
Which threatens to peek,
Out of bounds and fixed realms…

I sit by the window,
Staring into the rain,
Our sister that dwelt in the sky,
The raindrops that once bathed us,
The clouds we stood under,
My empty side looks for you…

I remember the times we wept,
The days we sat reading,
As our tears mixed into the words,
And our words melted into pain,
As we discovered the ways of the world,
Sunshine and star dust a part of us…

Now as you weep far far away,
As you lie on your back,
With the tears rolling down,
To the back of your head,
That is filled with thoughts,
I am dragged back in time…

To an era that was ours,
And I feel a relief spreading,
It washes down a pain with you,
As you weep, you cry for me,
You drag my tears and yours,
Out of you, out of us…

I wish I could sit again by your side now,
Crying with you in an angst,
Our angst, only known to us,
With our misery merging into one,
Letting me cry with you,
As I learn how to weep again…

1 comment:

Battula Moshe Choudary said...

Dear Blogger,

Help poor students by spreading information about scholarships and get Mozilla Firefox T-shirt for free add my blog in your blog.

Note: My blog is non profit only for helping poor students.

Make your comments about my blog on my blog.

www.ocscholarships.blogspot.com